Sunday, March 2, 2008

Charming - For WSC37

I made this card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #37. I am a regular reader of Beate's blog but have never participated in a challenge before. Her sketches are great resources! I love to collect card sketches.. they come in handy when you're feeling a little short on ideas (seems to be pretty often for me).



The card base is PTI's Spring Moss again (love it). The patterned paper is SU!'s retired Petals & Paisleys, which is mounted on a strip of Wild Wasabi. I loved these colors together. The greens were so vibrant and happy. I finally decided on a stamp from Sidekick Sayings for my focal image. I really went back and forth on this one. I was hoping to incorporate the technique from PTI's Friday Tutorial (featured on Heather Nichols' blog) but it just wasn't working for this one. The image is stamped in Palette Burnt Umber on PTI SS White and the flower is watercolored in with Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate. I added a touch of Twinkling H2O's since they were out on my desk. I sponged a little Spring Moss around the edges, added some paper piercing, and mounted onto a piece of Wild Wasabi. I added the three brads to finish the sketch, and that was it. Simple, clean and easy. I am really in a monochromatic mood recently... enjoying using different shades of the same color. I always feel like these cards need more, but I'm getting better at stopping before I turn them from classy to obnoxious. I always think of my role model Nichole Heady when making cards like these, hers are always so simple yet perfectly perfect.

I will be back later with some more stuff from this weekend, but wanted to get the details of this card up first. Its beautiful, sunny, and going to be 60 degrees here today, so that certainly puts a nice spin on a Monday morning. I hope you have a beautiful day!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sidekick Sayings (SU)
Paper: Spring Moss, Stampers Select White (PTI), Wild Wasabi, Petals & Paisleys (SU)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate (SU), Burnt Umber, Spring Moss (Palette)
Accessories: Twinkling H2Os, brads, paper piercer


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love that you kept in monochromatic except for the flower petals. That makes it pop all the more!
    Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!