Friday, March 21, 2008

Egg Box

My project for last night was to decorate the egg box I plan to give to my mom for Easter. I had found these cute pastel egg candles at JoAnn's, and knew that is what I was going to put inside. The springy patterned paper was from a LSS and was my inspiration for the rest of the box.



I started by painting the outside of both the top and bottom with acrylic paint. I mixed some colors until I got the pink shade that I liked. I was basing the colors on the polka dot patterned paper. These boxes really do take paint very well. At first it was a little streaky, but after a second coat and time to dry, it had a beautiful matte finish. The inside of both the top and bottom was painted with a light shade of green.

I cut the patterned paper to fit across each side and mounted it on a slightly larger piece of Spring Moss. I attached this and then ran the strip of Spring Moss satin ribbon around the box for some added elegance. I used the same theme for the top, but added a strip of SS White that had been scalloped and paper pierced. The inspiration for these pierced scallops came from a card I saw on
Melissa Bickford's great blog. I pulled out my new Maya Road velvet blossoms, added crystal brads to the centers and adhered them using glue dots. I am so proud of myself for using and not hoarding!

The little tag was stamped using the new
Boxes, Bags & Tags set. I stamped the scalloped circle in Whisper White Craft Ink onto Spring Moss and punched it out with my Marvy scalloped circle. Two flowers from the BBT set were stamped on SS White in Pretty in Pink, then Celebrate Spring (from Just Hatched) was stamped in Palette Noir. I punched this out with a 1-inch circle punch. The ribbon is from American Crafts and has the same great shades as the patterned paper. I wanted it to apply more to the season than the particular holiday, and I think its very springy! Here's an inside view.



I have another egg box that I am saving for Mother's Day. Target has these pretty little glass votives in all different colors that would be great for my MIL. I think they would fit inside the box perfectly.


I hope everyone has a wonderful day and blessed Easter. Thank you for stopping by!



Supplies:
Stamps: Boxes, Bags & Tags, Just Hatched (PTI)
Paper: Lollia patterned paper from Margot Elena (dot pattern), Spring Moss, SS White (PTI)
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Pretty in Pink (SU), Palette Noir
Accessories: acrylic paint, Spring Moss satin ribbon (PTI), striped ribbon (American Crafts), velvet blossoms (Maya Road), crystal brads, paper piercer, egg-shaped candles






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!