Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Oldie but a Goodie

I spent last night on the couch with Bill watching the Penguins game, so I didn't have time for anything new. I do have a few projects that I haven't shared with you yet, so you're getting one of those today (and tomorrow too, since I have scuba tonight).


I made this tin for my mom for Valentine's Day using PTI's large heart tin with clear top. This is a blatant CASE of Debbie Olson's awesome heart tin she made for the January release. As soon as I saw it, I knew those flowers had to be on my tin. I wasn't even original in my placement! I used different patterned paper for the project, but followed Debbie's instructions for application. The flowers were cut out of PTI SS White using my Cuttlebug and the Flower #1 die. I used the Beautiful Blooms set to stamp my flowers. I've showed you this before, but see how they coordinate? Genius, I tell you! I used SU! Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, and Rose Red ink for the flowers. The leaves were stamped with um.. I don't remember. VersaMagic Aloe Vera and Sage, I think. I sponged over everything with Creamy Caramel to give it a slightly aged look. The rhinestones in the flower centers are from K&Company. Here's a close up:

I filled the tin with beads for my mom (she is making these awesome crocheted wire necklaces - you should see the pretty one she made me... well maybe I'll show you!) and it was her present. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!




Supplies:

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms (PTI)
Paper: SS White (PTI), patterned paper unknown
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Creamy Caramel (SU), VersaMagic Aloe Vera, VersaMagic Sage (Tsukineko)
Accessories: rhinestones (K&Company)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!