Monday, May 12, 2008

Mom's Pond

My mom has a big koi pond in her backyard. It started out small and then the next year my brother and I were recruited to dig it a little bigger and then the next year we brought some friends and dug it a little bigger.. it is about 1,000 gallons now and its been a while since it has been expanded.

When PTI came out with the Pond Life set, I knew that I needed it for cards for my mom. This is the card I made her for Mother's Day:





This is my favorite card sketch right now. I have a few more cards I've made over the past few days using the same sketch.

The card base is PTI Spring Moss. The patterned paper is from the Everyday Blessings pack. For my little pond scene, I started by sponging Aqua Mist for water and Soft Sky for the sky. I stamped the grass in Spring Moss and the swirl of water in Aqua Mist. The lilypad was stamped on Old Olive in Old Olive and cut out. The water lily was stamped in Pixie Dust and Pink Petunia VersaMagic. The frog was stamped in Sage VersaMagic and also cut out. Finally, I stamped the dragonfly body in Pearlescent Sky Blue and the wings in Pearlescent Starlite Black. Then I layered two vellum wings to make him look like he just landed! I used lots of foam tape to add dimension. This piece was layered on a piece of Old Olive. I added some Green Ivy Dew Drops to the side and added the sentiment.

That's it! My mom loved it and I know I will be using this set again for her!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great night.



Card supplies:

Stamps: Pond Life (PTI)
Paper: Spring Moss, SS White, Everyday Blessings patterned (PTI), Old Olive (SU)
Ink: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist (Palette for PTI), Old Olive (SU), Pixie Dust, Pink Petunia, Sage, Midnight Black (Tsukineko VersaMagic), Pearlescent Sky Blue, Pearlescent Starlite Black (Tsukineko Brilliance)
Accessories: Green Ivy Dew Drops

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of the Pond Life set too, but I haven't used the dragonflies yet. I love how you used the vellum for the wings--i'm going to have to try that. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!