Monday, March 30, 2009

Stamped Tile Coasters

One of my favorite things to make are stamped tile coasters. I find the tiles at any Big Box home store (Home Depot or Lowe's in my area) for around $5 for a box of 9.

The first project I thought of for PTI's Blog Hop was a set of stamped coasters using the Guide Lines Two set.


Aren't they pretty? All inks are PTI, and I have found that with a coat of clear spray paint (I like Krylon's #1311 Clear Matte Finish) they are water and spill resistant.

One thing I love about using these coasters is the worn, rustic look you get from stamping on the very imperfect surface. It reminds of something I would see in a Tuscan village! (I've never been to Tuscany, but its what I would imagine! ;)

These make great gifts (they are one of my craft show best-sellers) and are really easy to do!

Thanks so much for stopping by, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow! I have a baby gift to share with you.



Recipe:
Stamps:
Guide Lines, Guide Lines Two - PTI
Ink: Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate - PTI
Other: Tile

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog from the PTI boards - a fellow Pittsburgher! These tiles are amazing! Saving them for my 'to be CASE'd someday' file, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!