Friday, April 3, 2009

Finally Friday!

I think I always give a sigh of relief on Fridays.  I love the weekend!  It has been a very rainy day today, but it looks like our weather here in the 'Burgh is supposed to clear up in time for the weekend.  I hope you have great weather, too!

Today I have a card to share with you that is a little out of my comfort zone.  I sort of shy away from cute-sy images, and have a tendency to gravitate towards flowers or silhouette images.  But when I saw this set from Stampin' Up! called Under the Stars I snatched it up! I love the little raccoon! I have a growing number of nieces and nephews, so I can always use cards for little ones.
So fun! The background for the bear and coon was created using a combination of Distress Inks from Ranger. I use the foam Ink Blending tool and work the ink in a circular motion - its very forgiving! I usally do the lightest color first (in this case Peeled Paint) and then the darkest (Weathered Wood) and the add the middle color (Pine Needles) last to blend it all together.

The animals were stamped twice on white cardstock with Memento ink in Tuxedo Black and then colored with Copics. I am still new to using these, so its lots of practice for me. I tried to give the bear the look of being furry by adding a few different shades of brown in what I hoped would look like a hairy pattern! If you're interested in trying Copics out or learning more about them (like me!) then you should check out Marianne Walker's, Debbie Olson's, and Michelle Wooderson's blogs. These ladies are such wonderful resources.

The details for the rest of the card are below in my recipe. I love the raccoon holding the can of beans! :) Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


Recipe:
Stamps: Under the Stars - SU!
Cardstock: Kraft, Basic Black, Always Artichoke, Whisper White - SU!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black - Tsukineko, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke - SU!, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Weathered Wood - Ranger Industries
Other: Copic markers, paper piercer, Kraft Corduroy button - SU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!