Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday fun!

I have one thing to say: my new office has a ton of windows! And... they're open!  It doesn't get much better than this.  The temperatures are headed towards 70 today, and it is so nice to have a fresh breeze blowing while I'm at work.  It has been pure bliss since I moved.

Today I have another GSS submission to share with you.  I really have so much fun playing with Guide Lines (I can't wait for the new pre-printed paper!).  Here's a fun, springy color combination that I put together for the contest.

I thought it would be fun to layer each GL image onto another.  You may need to click and enlarge to see that one.  I used Sweet Blush and Hibiscus Burst ink together and then Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado.  Have I said how much I love that the images from GL and GL Two coordinate? :) All edges were inked with a little Antique Linen distress ink.  The big funky pearlescent button is from my stash - probably from an Autumn Leaves Foof-a-la collection.  I would love to hear what you think!

I also thought I'd share this with you.. I was looking through some old photos and came across this one.  Goodness, it is enough to melt my heart... 


It has been a long time since she was this tiny, but she still has us wrapped around her little finger.. err paws ;) 

I hope you have a wonderful Friday and relaxing weekend.  We've got big family birthday plans tomorrow and I am looking forward to sitting and soaking up some sun while the guys play horseshoes. 

Thank you for taking the time to stop by - you know I appreciate it!
Have a great day!

 
Recipe:
Stamps: Guide Lines, Guide Lines Two, Background Basics: Retro, Friends 'Til the End, Borders and Corners Oval - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, SS White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Antique Linen - Ranger Industries
Other: Button - Autumn Leaves; Linen Thread - Stampin' Up!; Sakura jelly roll pen

1 comment:

  1. Anya, your cards are just stunning, but the use of Guidelines here is so inspiring! I never thought to over stamp dark onto light~ wish I had your vision!
    Tomorrow is my anniversary, you have inspired me to make him a card, I love both this one and the Quilters one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!