Thursday, April 30, 2009

Friendly Frame

Howdy everyone!

made a few changes here at my little blog.. I came across a tutorial this morning at Kevin and Amanda about how to change the fonts on your blog. Since I'm not a big fan of the selection of fonts available, I thought I'd give it a shot. Kevin and Amanda has a huge selection of scrapbooking and handwritten fonts available for FREE! You can follow the link above, or there's a little button on the lower left of my blog. Check them out and give them some love!

Last night I dove into my box of stuff-I-picked-up-in-the-dollar-bin-that-I'll-use-someday and created this little beauty.


The frame was from the dollar section at Michael's.  It measures 4.5" by 3.5".  I started by stamping one of the images from Damask Designs onto a piece of Spring Rain that had been cut to size.  The rest of the stamps are from the Great Friend set from Stampin' Up! (Occasions Mini).  The frame and leaf were stamped with True Black and cut out.  The butterfly was stamped with Spring Rain.  (PS - I have been spoiled by clear stamps). 

I added some Antique Linen distress ink around all the images and some rhinestones for a little fancy vintage look.  The rhinestones on the frame are black and the ones on the butterfly are clear (but at a bad photo angle).  This is another instance where I used my Copics to customize my clear rhinestones, which I love.  Here's your close-up :)


That's it for me!  I have a bit of a tummy ache, so let's hope its because I'm hungry.  My husband has been cooking dinner recently and has been doing a great job.  I love to cook, but he's doing so well I think I may pass the flag to him.  I hope you have a fabulous evening!  Take care!

-Anya



Recipe:
Stamps: Damask Designs - Papertrey Ink; Great Friend - Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Soft Rain, SS White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Fresh Snow, Spring Rain, True Black - Papertrey Ink; Antique Linen distress ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Adhesive rhinestones, Mini picture frame - Michael's; Copic marker

3 comments:

  1. Anya! I love this! The spring rain looks so fresh and crisp with the white scrolly frame. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frame was in the dollar bin? Its really pretty and what you put inside of it definitely stands out! I just love the composition and your color selection works beautifully!:>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!