Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Relax..

I hope you had a great Memorial Day long weekend! It has been a little hard getting into the swing of work today, we had a busy weekend.


The recipe is below, so instead of giving you details about the card here, I thought I would share some things I love about this card instead.

- Background Basics: Text Style. I can't get enough of these stamps. I want to use them on everything - you'll see them again soon.
- Melon Berry, Spring Moss, and Kraft. Great colors together, and I love the color pop the buttons add.
- Plaid. Another pattern I keep turning to - this time its patterned paper from Stampin' Up!'s Manchester collection.
- Copic markers and organization. I have a dirty little secret... I own all 4 sets of the Copic Ciao markers... and I hardly use them. Recently, I found a red metal cutlery organizer at a local grocery store and thought it would be a great place to put my markers. It has 6 dividers and a handle.. I thought it would help with the portability of my markers. It is great - they fit perfectly and I love seeing all the colors grouped together. Anyway, the point is that now that they are organized like that instead of in their individual sets, I want to use them (and I should - they cost an arm and a leg). Plus, I can pick them up and take them with me. Now I can color on the couch while I watch the Pens game! Just something to think about... when things get stale, maybe just a little reorganization is all we need?


That's it for me today - thank you for stopping by, look for new goodies tomorrow! Hope you have an opportunity to relax!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Adirondack Chair – Lockhart Stamp Company; Tea for Two, Background Basics: Text Style – Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Melon Berry, Spring Moss, SS White – Papertrey Ink; Mellow Moss – Stampin’ Up!
Patterned Paper: Manchester Designer Series Paper – Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento, Versamark – Tsukineko; Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink – Ranger Industries
Other: Markers – Copic; Melon Berry Buttons – Papertrey Ink; Linen Thread – Stampin’ Up!; Simple Scallop Edge Punch – Martha Stewart Crafts; Paper Distresser – Heidi Swapp

2 comments:

  1. the sentiment is just perfect for this card. the colors and coloring is so soft.one cannot help but to think relax just to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the sentiment you used! When I first scrolled down to see it, I immediately thought, "Oh how relaxing!" before the bottom of the pic had come up on my screen!! :>:> Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!