Thursday, August 20, 2009

Autumn Abundance

What a crazy day.

Our dog Luca got stung by a yellow jacket (One? More than one? We don't know) this morning and had a reaction to it. To make a long story short, I spent an awful lot of money and time at the vet's office. For a while there she was doing ok, and then her face started to swell! She is doing better now, resting after an anti-histamine shot, but what stress from a tense day.

Anyway, on to the card! My Papertrey Ink order arrived last night and I couldn't wait to break out the new Autumn Abundance set, which includes three solid line images that are perfect for coloring. I used the pitcher full of autumn leaves.

The image was stamped with Rich Cocoa Memento ink onto Vintage Cream cardstock and then colored with Copic markers. I used a white gel pen to highlight the acorns. The sentiment, also in the set, was stamped in Memento right on top of the colored image.

The image was stitched to the mat layer, which was also stitched. I can't tell you how excited I am to finally be sewing on my cards! I have learned to sew before - my mother was a bridal seamstress in college and continues to be a phenomenal seamstress. She has taught me how to use the sewing maching before and finally gave me a refresher the evening before last (really, I can handle the sewing part but can't remember how to thread the thing to save my life!). Anyway, I couldn't wait to try it out and knew from the beginning how I was going to incorporate it on this card. The card base is Dusty Durango, my favorite of SU!'s new In Colors. The finished size is 4-1/4" square. I envision a cute little notecard set with each of the images from this set in fall colors. Fun!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today. I appreciate your visit!

Take care!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Abundance - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Dusty Durango - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress - Ranger
Other: Copic markers; Heidi Swapp distresser; white gel pen -Uniball; sewing machine

11 comments:

  1. Love this card Anya! So pretty, the simplicity shows off the beauty of the image so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Love the stitching and placement of sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card makes me so envious!! It is beautiful and I want my stamps to arrive quickly lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful!!! Love the simplicity of the layout and fabulous coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want this set!! I have it in my cart!!! Now it's just clicking the button!! :D

    I love the colors you used here! So "Autumn"!! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, Anya! Your colouring and stitching rocks! Just stunning!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Anya! I love the simple background and your coloring! I started playing with this set last night too..but I'm just a beginner with Copics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely ADORE this card, the coloring is stunning.

    Hope your pup is alright - we have a (boy) Luka too :-) though its his younger brother Sherman who is more prone to getting into things like wasps nests!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coloring is fabulous!! TFS with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooo pretty! I can't wait to get mine! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!