Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SSDT Challenge 3!

Good morning! Welcome to the third challenge for the Serendipity Stamps Design Team! Our theme this month was monochromatic - here is what I came up with (you can click the photo for a larger view).



I have always loved the look and simple elegance of a white card. I used brand new stamps from Serendipity's Fall/Winter release:

I embossed each of these images with JudiKins Pastel Embossing Powder onto PTI White cardstock. I also used some White Shimmer cardstock (PTI) to mat the embossed piece.

The sentiment was matted on a larger piece of cardstock, which I had scored a line along the top and bottom edges. I love how simple and easy this is to do, yet it adds something special. I finished the card off with some rhinestones and ribbon.

This card was simple to make and would be easy to mass-produce for beautiful, elegant Christmas cards (it is never to early to get started)!

I am so glad that you stopped by today, please visit the other wonderful Serendipity Stamps DT members and see what they did for our challenge!

Amy
Jennifer
Kathie
Kelli
Lynda
Shannan
Sue
Yvonne



And don't forget to stop by the Serendipity Stamps store to see the entire collection of new stamps and the SS Blog and Gallery to see what else we've been up to!

Have a great day!

#Anya


Recipe:
Stamps: Snowflake Flourish Large, Snowflake Flourish Small, May Your Heart Be Filled - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: SS White, White Shimmer - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versamark - Tsukineko
Other: Pastel Embossing Powder - JudiKins; Silver Sheer Metallic Edge Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Clear Adhesive Rhinestones; ScorPal

7 comments:

  1. Oh how elegant in white. You've really created a beautiful white card. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is FABULOUS, Anya!!!
    I never would have thought of using white! Really brilliant and SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I never would have thought of white for monochromatic.. but you've done a stunning card... I feel the need to play with that stamp now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Anya! I love the white on white and the snowflakes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty. I would never have thought to do this for monochrome. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous! Those snowflakes just shimmer and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge, Anya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!