Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bill!

Hi everyone! Today is my sweetie's birthday. We have celebrated many birthdays together - the first one was back in high school, 15 years ago. Time really flies.

I'd like to share the card I made for Bill with you.


My jumping off point was the embossing resist challenge that PTI had last week. The sentiment was stamped and embossed first. I then used Distress Inks to create the graduated colors in the background. Then I stamped the trees, which are from Through the Trees. A strip of text from Background Basics: Text Style II inside two score lines creates a subtle background.

I know I don't talk too much about him, but Bill is a very special guy. He is kind and supportive, and very smart. He is silly and spontaneous and maintains family as his highest priority. We have had some difficult times over the past few years, but with a lot of hard work are coming through things on top. That is a nod to Bill's work ethic as well as his belief in us. Not a day goes by that I don't think we were made for each other or that we are fulfilling some sort of destiny by sharing our lives together. He is my partner and I highly value his opinion and feedback (I want to interject that he provides his seal of approval for all of my creations - sometimes he provides suggestions that really make a world of difference to my fishished product). My experiences are richer when shared with him, and I look forward to that for the rest of my life. Happy Birthday, babe!

Bill shared some pictures of our monster snowstorm this weekend. We ended up with about two feet of snow Saturday afternoon after it was all said and done. We are running out of places to put all that snow. He's a pretty tall guy, and it was up to his knees - it was over top of our dogs' backs! Check out his blog for some photos.

Have a great day everyone - thank you for stopping by today!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Through the Trees, Background Basics: Text Style II - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink; Garden Green - Stampin' Up!
Ink: True Black - Papertrey Ink; Going Gray - Stampin' Up!; Pine Needles, Faded Jeans, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Clear embossing powder - Stewart Superior; Scor-Pal; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful card for your beautiful guy Bill, Anya! the shading is wonderful and I just love those trees - off to check out your snow! happy B'day Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Anya, I am loving those Distress inks lately! Happy B-day to your Bill (my hubby is Bill also)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to your sweetheart Anya. Your card is so amazing I want to reach out and touch it. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Bill! Hope he had a wonderful birthday!

    Your card is gorgeous, as always! I love the sky you created with the distress inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!