Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ooh! WMS SKETCH Challenges!!

Hi there!

Yes, you heard (read) me correctly - today Waltzingmouse Stamps is launching their own sketch challenge blog! Wahoo! This has been a dream of Claire's for some time, and she thought now was the right time to start it up! I couldn't agree more.

A new sketch challenge will be posted each Saturday and prizes will be offered at least once a month - but we'll keep you guessing as to when! There will be blog blinkies up for grabs, too! You will find all the details and information on the sketch challenge blog. But, I'm just going to get on to my card, ok?

Here is our first sketch:

Fun! And here is my card:

I have been dying to use Afternoon Tea Sentiments, and as soon as Royal Mail delivered it earlier this week I had to ink it up.

The patterned paper used to paper piece the cup is from the Cosmo Cricket Everafter Collection. I really love the look of yellow and purple together. The pansy was colored, cut out, and layered onto the sentiment (as a side note, I thought I'd start listing the Copics I've used when coloring - the majority of my markers are Ciao, so one of those nifty marker photos won't be much help to you. They are listed below in the card recipe). I finished the card off with some stitching and adhesive pearls. Good stuff!

Now I hope you will play along, too! This current challenge will remain open until Thursday, 11:59 pm EST. We hope you will find this new venture to be a great resource for inspiration and motivation!

Thank you for stopping by - I would love to know what you think about this great news! Have a fantastic day!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Afternoon Tea Sentiments - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Vintage Violet, Almost Amethyst - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Everafter Collection - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Copic Markers: E31, BV23, B60, B63, G21, YG63, YG67, Y21, W1, C00, Gold Spica
Other: Standard Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Pinking Blade for Rotary Paper Trimmer - Fiskars; Adhesive pearls; sewing machine

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Anya!!! very refined!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Anya! Your teacup is so pretty with the pansies - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the colors!... and I'm PUMPED about the new challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I love purple and yellow together as well. This card is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi anya! I love everything about this, but especially the sweet little violet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love the soft colors and subtle patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty, soft card! I love your sweet little pansy, beautifully coloured!

    I loved working on the first WMS sketch and am so looking forward to seeing what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, thanks for a great inspiration kick start to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!