Friday, January 14, 2011

LAD January DT Challenge

Good morning!

I am here today to share the January Design Team Challenge from Lizzie Anne Designs. This month we were challenged to create a card based on a New Years resolution. One of my goals for this year is to make a better use of my time and to plan and work ahead as much as possible. No more last minute creating!

What better way to convey how valuable time is but this sentiment (Wise Man's Treasure) from the January singles release. I took the treasure theme and ran with it, distressing my stamped image to look like a worn, faded treasure map. I stamped it onto my cardstock and then crumpled it up, flattened it back out, curled some corners and tore some edges. Then I went over it with a few different Distress Inks. The finished result is pretty old treasure map-ish, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping to visit me today, be sure to head over to the Lizzie Anne Designs blog to see what the other DT members created for this challenge. Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps:
Wise Man's Treasure - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Soft Suede - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Snow Day - Crate Paper
Ink: Coffee Archival Ink, Old Paper, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz Idea-ology; Maraschino Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Vintage wood button; Sewing machine

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! This style is right down my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely "old treasure map-ish". Love it! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolution and your card is PERFECT for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - the sentiment is so appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card Anya and great goal too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the treasure map feel, and the little staples holding it down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a fabulous resolution, Anya...and your card looks wonderful!! Your distressing is perfect, and I love your stitching, and twine/button!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card anya!i'm with you on your resolve...good luck!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutly stunning projects you have here! Popped in from inspirational...Have to grab a cup of coffee and stay a while! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful blog you have! I have had so much fun browsing this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the treasure map look to this wonderful card Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be still my heart, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!