Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wish I Could Backspace

Good morning!

How are you today? Did you enjoy the long weekend? It got super hot here in Pittsburgh over the weekend and yesterday, we just had no energy. I had big plans for my extra day off and didn't make much of it! But being lazy can be good, too.

Today I have a card to share that I made for my sister-in-law. I love my SIL dearly, and I totally forgot her birthday. Its awful, and I'm pretty disappointed in myself. Clearly the birthday calendar idea doesn't work so well for me!

I used this week's Play Date Cafe colors (PDCC83) for my card.

I couldn't help but to use the Just My Type set from MFT. I really do love it! This time I used the 'I Wish I Could Backspace' sentiment for my belated birthday card.

The background was stamped with the polka dot pattern from Off Beat Backgrounds. I added a few strips of black cardstock to help ground my image.

Fun stuff! I hope you have a great day! We are finally having our back patio poured today (we've been waiting since late November!) - so exciting!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Just My Type - MFT; Off Beat Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: White, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Just My Type Die - MFT; Green buttons; Black embroidery thread

5 comments:

  1. How's the patio?? After cleaning and staining our deck over the past two days, I dreaming of a poured patio.

    Love your card. That sentiment is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the way you've framed your typewriter image with those bold, black, cardstock strips, and your green buttons are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun card Anya - I love that quote! i can think of many days I could have used a 'backspace' button :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun sentiment--and I just LOOOOOOOVE that typewriter image! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC and joining in the FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment!! Wonderful take on the colors this week:) Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!