Saturday, June 9, 2012

Follow your Dream

Good morning!

How are you today? Right now I'm enjoying the early morning with a cup of coffee and some blog browsing on the patio with my hubs. Its a beautiful day!

I had so much fun with last week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge that I thought I would join in again this week. I forgot how much I love sketch challenges, and really, any extra motivation to keep me crafting at this point is a good thing!

Here is this week's sketch from MM Edna Morrisedie:



And here is my take. I feel like I didn't do much stamping, but this was a fun sketch for layering!



The patterned paper is from Simple Stories and is just the yummiest, summeriest ever. I bought it for my Project Life, but as you can see, it is making its way onto some cards. I used the Shape Studio Round 25 tool from Epiphany Crafts to make the custom epoxy button. Super fun - have my eye on the banner shape!



Just a little of this and a little of that on this card. It was fun to whip up. Will you join us for this week's challenge? You can link up your creation on the WMS Sketch Challenge Blog.

And let's have a giant congratulations to Vickie, for being chosen as our first Mischief Maker Guest Designer!! Vickie is a regular participant in the sketch challenges and always creates such stunning projects. I am looking forward to her time on the team.

Have a great day, sweets!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Half Pint Heroines, Teeny Trees - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: So Saffron - Stampin' Up!; Oatmeal - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Summer Fresh - Simple Stories
INK: Pear Pizzazz - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Paper Rosette Die - Sizzix; Scalloped Circle punch - Marvy; Chipboard frame - Tattered Angels; Epoxy button - Epiphany Crafts; Star Dust Stickles - Ranger Industries; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; Sewing machine - Janome

5 comments:

  1. I die over that button!!
    It's so fabulous on that rosette flower...
    just love it! :)
    And those papers?
    The mailman should be my favorite person for the day very soon for delivering mine!!
    They are too yummy for words!
    Such a incredibly gorgeous card...
    love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty button! This is a neat card - sort of shabby chic, sort of vintage AND modern. Like the frame layer used in a different way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors all work so perfectly together!! Fabulous stitching and I love that button!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, I think this card is a summer dream! I love the multi colored chevron paper and that awesome rosette! Just stunning and it captured my attention as soon as I saw it on the WMSC page. All those yummy layers were calling to me! PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. AND I WANT that button!! I am such a button fan and that one is gorgeous. Fun frame, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!