Monday, July 16, 2012

Birthday Wishes

I find it hard to believe that it is Monday again already.

On Saturday, we took a drive west to Ohio to visit The Wilds. The Wilds is a 10,000 acre reclaimed strip mine that is now a conservation facility that maintains over 30 rare and endangered species from around the world. Because of the nature of the facility, they are able to keep these animals in a very close to natural habitat and are making amazing advancements for the species. Our plans for the day included the Wild Zipline Safari and the Sunset Tour. I will share pictures soon, but we had a fantastic day. It was also a late day, and Sunday ended up being less-than-productive as a result.

I did fit time in to make my card for this week's Play Date Cafe color challenge, though!


I love, love, love this combination!


Was feeling in a Wplus9 mood. I reached for one of my all-time favorite sets, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions for the birds and the leaves. The fancy frame (love the unique shape) is from the Fresh Picked set. I love the berries and sentiments in the set, but I would not have been above getting it just for that frame.

I also tried out the Chevron Impression Plate, trimming the impressed cardstock down for my card front. I loved it, and I hope we see more of these from Wplus9 soon!


Well, I am going to run - I hope your day is fabulous! Don't forget about the Waltzingmouse Blog Party tomorrow, festivities start at 1:30 EST on the WMS Blog.

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Fresh Picked, Very Vintage Greetings, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions - Wplus9 Design Studio
CARDSTOCK: Pool Party - Stampin' Up!; Oatmeal - Wplus9
INK: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, So Saffron - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Label Layers 5 Die, Chevron Impression Plate - Wplus9

7 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Anya - LOVE the little birds and embossed chevrons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, so soft. Love the stamps and LO you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya, Beautiful as always! Love the colors and those sweet birdies! You are going to get me hooked on that oatmeal paper - looks so natural with your birds! Looking forward to hearing about your trip - sounds like a fantastic place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time on your weekend, Anya! I see your creativity was not tired out ;) - this is beautiful, as always.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely soft colors, and the birds look like they were made to perch on that frame. Thanks for the info about The Wilds! We used to live about and hour from there but never made it since the kids were so little. Now I go by it every year on my trip from MA to IN, so I hope to visit eventually!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!