Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Harvest Birthday

Hello, my friends.

It feels like it has been ages since I've written a blog post and I feel like I need to do some catching up with you. I am suffering from some serious mojo issues here. I am experiencing some major changes at work (they will ultimately be good, but right now are a little unnerving.. my worries tend to manifest themselves as heartburn, so I'm carrying Tums around 24-7).

While the last WMS release was going on, Bill and I were vacationing in California with one of my best friends from college.

We drove up the coast from LA and went to the beach in Cambria...


We stopped at the Hearst Castle...


Made our way up through Big Sur...


And visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium.


Then we circled east and spent a few days in Yosemite National Park before heading back to LA.



It was wonderful.

Then we came back home and I had a day to pack up my office before we moved to a new location. Then I celebrated my birthday, and this amazing surprise happened.


Then this happened...


and this, too (why should we have all the fun? the doggies like treats, too).


See? He's happy.


It is no wonder I'm feeling a little out-of-touch with my craft room.

I spent some time there last night and did make a card to share with you today, if you're still with me :)


I used the Happy Harvest and Fresh Picked sets from Wplus9. See those peach sunflowers? I just loved Suzanne's pink flowers that she created for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop, and was inspired to borrow her fab idea.


I found myself gravitating to a version of this week's Play Date Cafe colors with the peach and navy, opting for a little kraft instead of gray.

It felt good to get crafty and hopefully it is the start of getting back into the swing of things. Your encouragement and support is always so appreciated!

Have a wonderful day :)


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Happy Harvest, Fresh Picked - Wplus9 Design Studio
CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse - SU!; Oatmeal - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Nostalgia - My Mind's Eye
INK: Crumb Cake, Groovy Guava, Midnight Muse, Whisper White - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Label Layers 5 Die, Banner Trio Die - Wplus9; Baby's Breath Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic post, Anya. Of course we are still here and reading! Loved all of your vacation (and home front) pictures. I love Hearst Castle, and to this day consider it one of my "touristy" visits ever. It looks like you had a wonderful time on your holiday...and BTW...no mojo loss that I can see. Your project is just as amazing as I have always come to expect from you!

    Hope that heartburn subsides quickly. (I hate the taste of TUMS)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your pics...makes me want to take a trip! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your card! The color combo is fantastic & the sunflowers are placed perfectly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pictures and oh....a kitchen aid is the best present....love mine! Fabulous card...love the kraft with those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it - you told a whole story in pictures!!! Happy Birthday - you didn't give us the actual date you trixie :(( Gorgeous photos.. Yosemite ... sigh....and COOKIES!!! and Cookies for the babies too?! You are too good - but I love his happy face! Your card is amazing - love the striking colors and all those bitty flowers that you fussy cut. You still got it girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!