Thursday, January 24, 2013

Play Date Cafe Challenge #166

Hi there!

How is your week going? Besides our frigidly cold temperatures, it has been moving along smoothly.

It is time once again for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge, and this week is a color splash week!


This week's colors are black, white, and just a splash of emerald green. Here is what I created.


This was the perfect chance for me to give the chalkboard technique a try, and what fun it was! I combined images and sentiments from the Smitten and Trifecta sets from Mama Elephant as well as Cupid's Arrow and Banner Love from Wplus9. I added my splash of emerald in with a bit of washi tape and a button.


Today The Play Date Cafe will be announcing a new Private Blend Designer. How exciting! Here's a little hint about who it is.. she says "I'll play with just about any craft material EXCEPT cotton balls. Something about them grosses me out!" Head over to the Cafe Blog to find out who will be joining us!


I also want to give a big shout out to this week's prize sponsor, Viva Las VegaStamps. I love their trendy and unique images. Thank you for sponsoring us this week, Viva Las VegaStamps!

I would love for you to join us at the Play Date Cafe this week. You can link up your creation over at The Play Date Cafe Blog. You have through Tuesday, January 29th to play along.

The color splash week is always a popular one, and I can't wait to see what you create for the challenge. Have a great day!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Smitten, Trifecta - Mama Elephant; Cupid's Arrow, Banner Love - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Black, White - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Chillingsworth Manor - Echo Park Paper Company
INK: Whisper White - SU!
OTHER: Detail White Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Washi Tape - Target; Button

2 comments:

  1. Love the chalkboard technique and the Washi! Awesome card Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Anya! Yummy color combo, and it lends itself perfectly to the chalkboard technique - isn't that technique fun?! I love how you carried the polka dots from your background to your washi tape.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!