Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #9


Hi there!

It is time once again for a new challenge on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. The challenge for this week is to create something for baby. I was looking to make something other than a card, so I dug through my stash and found a mini canvas.


I started by priming the canvas with Gesso and once that dried, painted my sky (all products are from Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Line for Ranger).

After that dried, I stamped the Cow jumping over the moon image (216G) directly onto the canvas. The cow was then paper pieced, using a variety of collections to get the colors I was looking for. The paper was adhered and then sealed with the Matte Multi-Medium.

I added the Magic Happens (371D) sentiment directly to the canvas.

A perfect addition for a little one's room!

Stop over to the Challenge Blog for all the details and to see the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team:


Serendipity's special this week is FREE SHIPPING for all Continental US orders of $10 or more! The special runs through Wednesday 4/10.

Have a great day!

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Cow 216G), Magic Happens (371D) - Serendipity Stamps
PATTERNED PAPER: The Sweetest Thing (Lavender) - My Minds Eye; Portrait Collection - Crate Paper; Basics White - Basic Grey
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Gesso, Matte Multi-Medium, Charcoal Black, Smidge of Blue, Sky Blue, Purple Palette, Blank Canvas Paint - Claudine Hellmuth Studio Line, Ranger Industries; Star Dust Stickles - Ranger Industries; Canvas - Michaels; Rhinestones - Recollections

4 comments:

  1. What a fun project! I love this paper piced cow on canves ,such a great idea! great idea Anya and beautiful gift for a baby's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Anya! I love the bold colors, and wow all that fussy cutting - the pattern paper looks amazing as the spots on the cow - would have never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative Anya...love the idea to make a canvas of that great cow jumping over the moon which is one of my favorite images. It looks so nice against the paint with the different patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally adorable!! love your background on this..perfect night sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!