Thursday, September 25, 2014

Waltzingmouse Stamps September Release, Day 1

Good Morning!

Today I am happy to bring you Day 1 of the countdown for the September Release at Waltzingmouse Stamps. In case you haven't heard, WMS is now moving forward with a static release date! Each month, sneak peeks will start on the 22nd, previews will begin on the 25th and finish with the release day hop on the 28th. It is going to be great!

So for the next four days the Design Team will be sharing previews of three new stamp sets and complimentary dies that will be available for purchase on September 28th.

This month we are delving right into the holidays! The set we are previewing today is called Little Deer. I have two cards to share with you today. The first uses the namesake little deer, along with some of the other fun elements from the set.


I started this card by stitching some Shimmery White cardstock onto my base to create the look of snowy hills. The deer, birch trees and ornament were all stamped, cut out and adhered with dimensional tape. This set is so perfect for creating a little scene. There are some other great images in the set that can be combined with the trees and deer for a fun little vignette.

For this next card, I focused just on the branches and turned them horizontally for a more modern take.


I started this card by stamping all of the trees directly onto the cardstock. Then I liked the look of the branches popped up that I stamped them all again so I could cut them out. I can't help it! Some people like coloring, I just really love fussy cutting! :) I added a little glitter on the branches to create the thought of sparkling snow.

So a few housekeeping items... cut files will be available with this month's release. Claire will be sharing more details about those on the WMS Blog as well as some information about new bundle offerings in the store. Also, each day of the previews will be highlighted on the WMS Inspiration Blog if you'd like to catch everything in one spot. But if I were you, I'd head on over to visit these other lovely ladies, who have created some gorgeous projects for today!

Anya Schrier - you are here!

So glad you stopped by! See you tomorrow with Day 2!


------------
Recipe
Thanks My Deer Card
STAMPS: Little Deer (available September 28th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Dove Grey - Wplus9; Kraft, Soft Sky, Shimmery White - SU!
INK: Going Gray, Baked Brown Sugar, Poppy Parade - SU!
OTHER: Sewing machine; Gold thread

Winter Birthday Card
STAMPS: Little Deer (available September 28th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: 25th and Pine - Basic Grey
INK: Sahara Sand, Poppy Parade, Regal Rose, Not Quite Navy, Going Gray - SU!; Ocean Drive - Wplus9
OTHER: Diamond Stickles - Ranger

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! Love the deer stamped on Kraft! Such a sweet stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little deer is adorable - reminds me of my puppy inspecting everything - startled by her own reflection! Your second card is out side the box totally creative. Never saw it coming and it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards!! Love the sweet scene and modern take!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Anya...both your cards are so, so cute I could squeal...and I don't squeal. How precious is that little deer all curious about the ornament!! And how uber clever to make the branches horizontal with ornaments...GET OUT!! You...are...AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Anya! I love the tree trunk stamps - they are going to be so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the winter scene with the little deer is adorable, love the way he's investigating the ornament! So much dimension on the card. And I do like the clean, crisp look for the winter birthday card - love the pops of colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya these are both precious! I love the clever orientation of the trees - out of the box and so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hella Anya,
    Anything with a tree, or a bit of tree, is a winner for me. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute stamp set and cute cards. I like them both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!