Friday, September 26, 2014

Waltzingmouse Stamps September Release, Day 2

Hi there!

Today I am back with Day 2 of the countdown for the September Release at Waltzingmouse Stamps. In case you haven't heard, WMS is now moving forward with a static release date! Each month, sneak peeks will start on the 22nd, previews will begin on the 25th and finish with the release day hop on the 28th. It is going to be great!

We still have a few days of previews before the sets will be available for purchase on September 28th. If you didn't see my post yesterday for the Little Deer set, you can check it out here or see all the DT creations on the WMS Inspiration Blog!

Today the set we are previewing is called Frosty in the Pines. Frosty is a jolly guy - sized perfectly for a card front and with nice thick lines for coloring or paper piecing! The set also includes three different sized pine trees, styled with a modern slash primitive look - how's that for fun??


I stamped Frosty onto Oatmeal cardstock and cut him out, then paper pieced his outfit and his little birdie friend :) I used the Offbeat Backgrounds stamp set to create some coordinating plaid patterned paper.

My next card today features two of the four snowflake dies that will be available this month. Oh my goodness, let me just say that these dies are amazing. They are so detailed and beautiful! Claire shared an amazing poinsettia using the Snowflake One die yesterday on her blog. You need to see it!


I die cut the snowflakes from patterned paper and adhered them to a card base that I had stitched some lines on. That's it! I let these beautiful dies take center stage, and just added a little rhinestone accent and called it done! Really, I can't say enough about how amazing these dies are and I really look forward to using them more!

So that will do it for me today, I hope you will take a few minutes and peruse the other ladies' blogs to see what they did with Frosty, too!

Anya Schrier - you are here!

So glad you stopped by! See you tomorrow with Day 3!


------------
Recipe
In the Meadow Card
STAMPS: Frosty in the Pines (available September 28th); Offbeat Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Kraft - PTI; Oatmeal - Wplus9; Old Olive, Baja Breeze - SU!
PATTERNED PAPER: North Pole - We R Memory Keepers
INK: Old Olive, Baja Breeze - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko; White Pigment - Wplus9
OTHER: Chevron Embossing Folder - Sizzix; Diamond Stickles - Ranger; Sewing machine

Snowflake Card
CARDSTOCK: Enchanted Evening - PTI; Dove Grey - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Persimmon - Basic Grey
INK: Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger; White Pigment - Wplus9
OTHER: Snowflake Dies (available September 28th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Adhesive Rhinestones - Recollections; Sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards! I like your paper pieced snowman and the snowflake dies are "to die for"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog hop and both of your cards are really cool
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your paper pieced snowman - he looks really super! And those snowflakes are just fab! Really looking forward to Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the look of the big snowman and the gorgeous snowflakes look fantastic! Beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paper piecing is amazing .. and dang it. again.. I just wish I could sew! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper piecing is absolutely adorable Anya! And I love your stitching with the patterned flakes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!