Friday, November 14, 2014

WMS November Pajama Party


Hi there! What a great night to be cozy around the house for the November Waltzingmouse Pajama Party! The snow is swirling in my part of the world and the thought of a nice fire, some hot cocoa and some stamping sounds great.

You can find all the details of the four different challenges for tonight's party on the WMS Blog. That is also where you can link up your creations - the links are open through tomorrow evening.

The DT has joined in for some of the challenges, and I have put a few things together that hopefully inspires you to join in. First up, the Scandi tags challenge.


I am almost embarrassed at how easy this tag was! I started by die cutting the Folk Art Snowflake from vellum. Then I overlaid it onto a piece of red cardstock and die cut them both with the largest of the Stitched Tags Die Set. A second snowflake die cut from patterned paper gave me the solid circles that I used to fill in some of the spots. This is a fun technique and is really cool when you use bright colors. I added a sentiment (from Compliments of the Season Two) and that was it! Super easy, but still has that Scandinavian vibe!

Next up is the Old Pajamas Challenge, with this month's focus on the Candy Jar Christmas set.


This is one of my favorite sets, I love all the festive images. I wanted to put a few together, so I split my card front up into panels and used a different one for each. The colors and patterned paper pull it all together.

And lastly, this month's Bedtime Story Sketch:


Here is what I put together, using the newly released Flurries stamp set and Pretty Panel #1 Die Set.


This is my favorite non-traditional holiday color combo... a nice frosty blue and sweet peach. I stamped the different snowflakes randomly, added some distress ink and topped it all off with some sparkles. A really fun sketch!

I hope you will be able to join us for the party. There are four challenges and a shot at a huge prize! Have a great night!



---------------
Recipe
Festive Greetings Tag
STAMPS: Compliments of the Season Two - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Pure Poppy - SU!; Linen Vellum - PTI
INK: Pure Poppy - SU!
OTHER: Stitched Tags Die Set, Folk Art Snowflake - WMS

Sweet Wishes Card
STAMPS: Candy Jar Christmas - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake - SU!; Oatmeal - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: 25th & Pine - Basic Grey
INK: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko
OTHER: Copic Markers; Star Dust Stickles - Ranger

Warm Winter Wishes Card
STAMPS: Flurries - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Cashmere - Wplus9; Soft Sky - SU!; Rustic Cream - PTI
INK: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
OTHER: Pretty Panel #1 Die Set - WMS; Star Dust Stickles - Ranger

4 comments:

  1. Love all three beauties! The tag is gorgeous And I love when pretty things are easy! And the panel card is so fun with all of its pretty images! Love the mint color! And the pretty peach and blue snowflakes are soft and elegant! Gorgeous all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards & tags- fabulous inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH Saw the collage card at WM and my jaw hit the floor! WOW! Love the mix of papers and images. Love love love the soft mint color too. The tag with the snowflake is brilliant too! So detailed and lacy looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!